Once you've imported your glyphs, you can directly preview and modify the space around all characters, either globally or individually:
- Adjust the overall spacing around all glyphs by clicking on the buttons Letter Space + and -.
- Move the spacing around each glyph by rolling over a glyph and dragging its left and right side bearings (the vertical dashed lines).
When you need to adjust a glyph more precisely, you can expand the current glyph view to get more control options:
- Zoom in by double-clicking anywhere on the glyph cell (or click on the top left arrow icon).
- Adjust the Ascender and Descender lines by moving the horizontal lines.
- Enter numeric values for pixel-perfect alignment.
- And you can quickly review other glyphs by clicking on the < > chevrons.
Space spacing 👀
- To adjust the width of your Space character, scroll to the first glyph cell and click and move one of its side bearings:
Next step: learn to space like a pro
Once you're ready to optimize the space around your characters, click the button Advanced to step further into the Advanced Spacing.